What’s wrong with eating meat? ~ Karmic CoachVarun Mishra
Hare Krishna Blessings ! Accept Krishna Prasadam as always !
(Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare)
Well we hindus believe that animals are children of Krishna, created by God with a soul. Therefore, to eat an animal is an affront to God. Moreover, it’s bad for your consciousness because the slaughter of animals is violent, when you eat meat, fish etc., you are subjecting yourself to more violent thoughts and violent behavior. Hindu philosophy claims that your emotions are transferred to the food — and then to the person who eats the meal.
Meat is not a human food. No flesh of any animal, bird, fish or egg etc. is a human food. Meat is not only unhealthy for the body; it poisons the mind, the intellect and the soul. Eating meat is totally forbidden in the Vedic scriptures.
Our Vedas always speak of caring and protecting animals:
- Yajur Veda says: Oh Humans! You do not kill sheep, cow, horse etc.
- In Yajur Veda there is a prayer: O God! Protect my people and animals.
- Atharva Veda says: Oh cruel man! If you kill our animals like cows, horses, etc. or humans; then we will put you to death so that you will not be able kill them again.
- Mahabharta says: He who wants to live, how he can kill others? Humans should wish for others, what they wish for themselves.
- Rig Veda tells: Do not kill our cows and horses.
- Atharva Veda says: He, who eats raw meat, he who eats human flesh and he who eats eggs: they all ought to be destroyed altogether.
In regards to eating, Vedas talk about grains like wheat, oat rice etc., fruits and vegetables, milk, butter etc. Meat eating is not allowed at all. In Hinduism, cooking is intertwined with spirituality & are cooking for the pleasure of God & it must be offered to Krishna first.
It is one of the reason that our monks don’t go to restaurants, because it raises the question, “Whose consciousness are you eating today?”
The purpose of eating food is to keep our body and soul together, and not for sense gratification. We don’t need to make our stomach a graveyard for animals. Human life is meant for austerity, to purify our existence, and to develop our love for God, Krishna.
And for morons please note ‘To every action there is an equal opposite reaction”
Those sinful persons who are ignorant of actual religious principles, yet consider themselves to be completely pious, commit violence against innocent animals who are fully trusting in them. In their next lives, such sinful persons will be eaten by the same creatures they have killed in this world. (Srimad Bhagavatam 11.5.14)
You are killing innocent cows and other animals, nature will take revenge. Just wait. As soon as the time is right, nature will gather all these rascals and slaughter them. Finished. Watch your karma & Wait for suffer accordingly.
Om Shanti & Hare Krishna to all Blessed Souls..