Saturn’s transit to Capricorn: This stunning cosmic phenomenon is happening after 30 years. What does it mean for you? Find out!Sri Astro Vastu
In Vedic Astrology, Saturn (Shani) is one planet that is seen with a lot of fear. Whether it is Ashtam Shani, Kandak Shani, or the Shani Saade-Saati, there are a lot of fears that take root in our mind when we hear that Saturn is going to initiate a phase in our astrological chart. On January 24, 2020, Saturn is going to leave the zodiac Saggitarius and enter the zodiac Capricorn. You may be wondering what it means for you and in the following lines, we will be covering how this transit is going to impact your life. But first, let us understand what is the role of Saturn (Shani) in the Vedic astrology and what its roots are. You will be surprised.
Who is Shani (Saturn) and what are the effects of this planet?
In Hindu mythology, Shani is described as the lord of justice. He is the one who is tasked with giving us the fruits of our actions, whether they be good or bad. It is for this role that he is given the title of Karam-fal-data (the one who gives fruits of karmas). So, as the definition suggests, Saturn is the most neutral planet there is because its role is to only give the result of the actions. He is considered impartial, unwavering and very difficult to appease as for him, justice is above everything.
Shani was born to Surya, the sun god, and Chhaya, the goddess of shadows. Spiritually, the sun represents the energy in our soul and chhaya represents the worldly desires that shadow our mind. It is said that when worldly attachments entangle our minds, it starts seeing itself as a limited entity and experiences various sorrows. These different sorrows are the longing of our mind when it is unable to experience the energy within us. Shani (Saturn) represents this longing and this painful experience is the presence of Shani in our lives.
What happens when Saturn transits from Saggitarius to Capricorn?
Capricorn is considered a native house for Saturn. Ancient astrological scriptures have mentioned that when Saturn moves to one of its native zodiacs, it drops 50 percent of its negative energy. This means that at the onset, this transit is going to be favorable for most zodiacs. After almost 30 years, Saturn is transiting in Capricorn and for some time, even the planet Jupiter will be joining Saturn in this transit. This particular combination is considered very auspicious and is happening after 60 years.
This combined transit will not only give good results for the Capricorn zodiac but the Cancer zodiac as well. In the following lines, we will cover extensively the changes that each zodiac will experience because of Saturn’s transit into Capricorn. So read on to find out how this transit is going to influence you and what are the steps you can take to get the best out of this period.
Do note that the effects and measures mentioned below are for the lunar signs and ascendants.
- For this transit, Saturn is going to affect the tenth house of Aries zodiac or ascendant for the coming three years. This transit to the tenth house will also affect the eleventh house.
- From the tenth house, Saturn will put its vision in the fourth house and twelfth house as well.
- As the transit progresses, Saturn will keep its vision in the seventh house.
- Saturn’s transit through tenth and eleventh house means that this is a good time for you to start any finance related work or you may get additional responsibilities at the workplace.
- Because of Saturn’s vision on the fourth house, the health of your mother could be affected and you need to keep a close eye on that.
- The seventh house is the house of relationship and Saturn’s vision on the seventh house means that you need to take care of your relationship with your partner.
- Donating things related to Shanidev, like mustard oil or going to Shani temple or Hanuman temple is a good way to reduce the impact.
- Since Saturn will also keep its eye on the twelfth house, going to a Guru’s ashram and doing some cleaning or cleaning dishes in the kitchen would also reduce the impact.
- For the impact on relationships because of the seventh house, listening to Rudram chanting and going for a walk in the evening with your spouse will benefit.
- For the Taurus zodiac and ascendant, this transit is going to be in their ninth house. Saturn will be the lord of the ninth and tenth house both.
- While passing through the ninth, Shani will put its vision in the eleventh house as well.
- From the ninth house, Saturn will put its vision in the third house. After April 2020, both Saturn and Jupiter are going to transit together and affect the third house.
- The ninth house represents destiny and higher knowledge. So during this transit, your relationship with your mentor, your counselor or your work officials could be strained.
- Since Saturn is going to transit in Capricorn, you will actually be able to learn from the difficult experiences.
- Saturn’s vision on the eleventh house means that there are high chances that your income will increase during this time.
- Saturn’s and Jupiter’s vision on the third house signifies that the coming period will be an auspicious time to start something new or take short trips. Jupiter’s presence means that people in the education sector could see favourable situations.
- Taurus zodiac and ascendant natives should make every effort to avoid the Shadripus (the six enemies of mind). The Shadripus are lust, anger, greed, attachment, ego, and jealousy. If you are able to be victorious over these, then the whole transit would be extremely beneficial for you.
- For the Gemini zodiac and ascendant, the transit will be in the eighth house. Saturn will be the lord of the eighth and ninth house. This is also called Ashtam Shani.
- From the eighth house, Saturn will directly look at the second house and the tenth house.
- As the transit progresses, Saturn will also put its vision in the fifth house of the Gemini zodiac.
- Usually, Ashtam Shani is considered to be an inauspicious time. However, ancient scriptures have detailed that the time of Ashtam Shani is a very good time to be in meditation.
- This time will be very good for research.
- This period won’t be a good time to take any decisions unilaterally.
- The second house is represented by mouth. Saturn’s vision in the second house means that you need to take special care of what you eat and drink.
- Saturn’s vision in the tenth house can cause disturbance in your career and/or workplace. The vision in the fifth house, represented by progeny, means that you may get more worried about your children.
- Since Ashtam Shani causes a separation between action and mind, it is important that you consult the elders of your house before making any decision.
- Meditating, observing silence, doing some yoga asanas can greatly reduce the effects of Ashtam Shani.
- Fasting once a week on Saturdays or once every fifteen days on Ekadashi will reduce the impact of Saturn on the second house.
- Before making any work-related decisions, do consult the elders of the house first. Taking the advice from seniors reduces the impact on the tenth house.
- For the impact on the fifth house, the house of progeny, chanting of mantras related to Lord Krishna, such as ‘Hare Krishna’ will reduce the worries you have for your children.
- For the Cancer ascendant and zodiac, Saturn is going to transit in the seventh house.
- From the seventh house, Saturn is going to keep its vision on the fourth house as well. And with its third vision, Saturn is going to be looking at the ninth house as well.
- The seventh house is very auspicious in our zodiac. Moreover, Jupiter is also going to transit with Saturn in the seventh house, enhancing the positive impact during the transit.
- When these two planets transit together in the seventh house, all the stuck works of the past start getting fulfilled.
- However, natives might feel a reduction in their energy or life force.
- Saturn’s vision in the ninth house could cause some conflict with your colleagues. And it’s vision on the fourth house means that you will have to take more care of your mother’s health as well.
- If you feel a reduction in your life force or are getting tired very quickly, then taking walks in the evening or runs will help.
- Listening to Rudram chant in the evening, while taking a walk, will enhance the positive impact of the seventh house transit of Saturn.
- Doing evening walks and listening to Rudram will also reduce the effect of this transit on the health of your mother.
- For the Leo zodiac and ascendant, this transit is going to be in their sixth house.
- From the sixth house, Saturn will look directly at the twelfth house.
- The Saturn transit in the sixth house is considered auspicious. People in a job or service sector could see their work getting stronger. Your responsibilities may increase and you could also get more respect at the workplace.
- Saturn’s vision at the twelfth house signifies that the possibility of travelling abroad is very high. Moreover, the combined transit of Jupiter and Saturn and their vision on the twelfth house means that these chances increase considerably.
- Being the fourth placed from the ninth house, the twelfth house is considered the house of the Guru. Doing service in the ashram of your Guru will enhance the positive impact of the sixth house transit.
- If you are a teacher of The Art of Living or you are a volunteer of the Art of Living, then it is a good time to be part of The Art of Living Prison programs, to serve in prison.
- Serving in a hospital will also enhance the positive impact. Moreover, it also negates the side effect of having to visit a hospital that is often seen during the sixth house transit.
- Respecting your elders, touching their feet, cleaning slippers and shoes in temples or Gurdwaras are also ways to reduce minor side effects of Saturn’s sixth house transit.
For the Virgo zodiac and ascendant, Saturn is going to transit in the fifth house, being the owner of fifth and sixth house.
From the fifth house, Saturn will put its vision in your eleventh house.
The fifth house is represented by creativity, education, children, and romantic relationships.
Saturn’s fifth house transit is very good for education. Students preparing for competitive exams will feel a boost in their efforts. More hard work will be required but results would be excellent as well.
People in the creative field may feel a bit of slowness as Saturn limits the creative energies during the fifth house transit.
If you are married, then pay special attention to your relationship as it could suffer a little during this transit. Moreover, relationships with business partner/s could also be affected during this time.
Saturn’s vision on the eleventh house signifies high chances of your income seeing an increase. However, you need to take extra care of your family and friends during this time period.
People who are disciplined in their eating habits need not worry about this transit.
It would be very good for girls to do some type of mantra practice. This is a great time to get an initiation into a new mantra, especially Lord Krishna’s mantra.
It would be best if you can chant Rudram. If you do not or cannot learn it then listening to rudram and fasting. especially on Saturdays or Ekadashi will be very good
- The transit of Saturn for Libra zodiac and ascendant is going to happen in the fourth house.
- While transiting in the fourth house, Saturn will also put its vision on the sixth house, tenth house and the lagna.
- Libra is a higher zodiac for Saturn so the effects of this transit are going to be good. Saturn’s transit in the fourth house means that this is a good time to buy a car, house, or a property. If you want to get your house renovated then this is a good time for that as well.
- When Saturn puts its vision on your sixth house and lagna together, then it means that you need to take extra care of your health.
- During this transit, Librans need to bring more discipline in their day to day. This is a good time for Swadhyaya or self awareness. Make sure that you protect yourself from the Shadripus or the six enemies of the mind, namely lust, anger, ego, jealousy, attachment, and greed.
- For the natives of Libra zodiac, being a Karma Yogi or someone who is dedicated to their duty will enhance the positive impact of this zodiac.
- Being good to the subordinates who work with you is a necessity as there may be some problems associated with them during this transit.
- If you wish for your income to keep flowing, then paying special attention and keeping cleanliness in the North direction of your house is required. If there is a window or door in that direction then keep it open for some time during the day.
- For the Scorpio ascendant and zodiac, the Saturn transit is going to be in the third house.
- While moving through the third house, Saturn will overlook the ninth house as well. Moreover, it will also put its vision in the fifth house as well.
- While transitioning in the third house, Saturn’s tenth vision falls at the twelfth house as well.
- Transit of Saturn in the third house is considered very auspicious. This house represents the spirit of might and this transit increases our strength. Starting something new could be attempted during this time.
- Saturn’s vision on the ninth house means that you could see some differences in your office with your bosses or seniors.
- Saturn’s overlooking the fifth house would make you worry more about your children, especially their studies.
- Lastly, Saturn’s tenth vision at the twelfth house means that some sudden expenditures may come up.
- While in office, treat your seniors with gentleness, respect them more and make sure your relationship with them does not deteriorate.
- For the Sagittarius zodiac and ascendant, this Saturn transit is going to be in their second house.
- For the Sagittarius natives, this will start the last leg of their Shani Saade Sati.
- Jupiter and Saturn transit together in the second house impacts the eighth house as well.
- Saturn’s transit in the second house could cause some issues in your family related matters.
- From a financial viewpoint, this transit will be a favourable one and you may find an increase in your bank balance.
- Jupiter and Saturn transit’s impact on the eighth house means the possibility of receiving ancestral property. However, this could also have a negative impact on your health, particularly the risk of accidents.
- Saturn’s vision in the eighth house could cause road accidents but following traffic rules diligently will make sure you don’t receive any negative effects.
- Try to be extra careful in your relationship with your friends to avoid misunderstandings there.
- Fasting on Saturday, observing silence for some time and meditating daily greatly reduce the side effects of this transit.
- If you have done Sahaj Samadhi meditation and practice it daily then you will experience very little impact of Saturn’s negative energy.
- From Sagittarius, Saturn, the ruling planet of Capricorn will be entering Capricorn. The peak of Shani Sade Sati will be seen during this transit.
- Saturn will also have an impact on the tenth house and the second house.
- This transit can be challenging for Capricorn zodiac and ascendant but since Saturn is entering Capricorn, half the negative impact is automatically nullified.
- There may be an impact on your health and you may get into an argument with your siblings.
- Your life partner, in case you are married, will need you a lot more during this transit.
- Saturn’s vision on the second house means that your financial matters will see a good gain.
- Go for Panchakarma treatment once or twice a year. Ayurvedic treatments and massages which purify and rejuvenate your body are required as this transit will result in an increase of toxins.
- Exercising regularly, being active physically is a must during this transit.
- For Aquarius zodiac and ascendant, this transit is going to be in their twelfth house.
- With the start of this transit, Aquarius natives will also see the beginning of their Shani Saade Sati.
- From the twelfth house, Saturn will also keep its vision on your ninth house, i.e. the house of the Guru.
- Saturn is also going to look at your sixth house from the twelfth house.
- Saturn’s visit in the twelfth house can take you on foreign trips. For Aquarius natives, the side effects of this transit are less and auspicious effects more.
- You may need to pay special attention to your financial matters.
- You will have to take special care of your finances and loan situation as your sixth house is represented by finance and Saturn’s vision here could cause some disturbance.
- The Aquarius natives will feel very good in their Guru’s ashram.
- This is a great time to go to the Guru’s ashram and serve there or donate some money. Going to a temple and serving or donating will also help.
- Since the sixth house is going to be affected, donating money to a temple or Guru’s ashram will negate the negative impact of the transit.
- For the Pisces zodiac and ascendant, this transit is going to be in their eleventh house where Saturn will be joined by Jupiter as well. The eleventh house is the house of profit.
- The eleventh house is signified by profit and the presence of both, Saturn and Jupiter, here is going to greatly enhance the possibility of earnings.
- The next three years could fulfill all the stuck tasks.
- People in the service sector could see increments and good promotions.
- You may have to give special attention while descending the stairs or walking as chances of injury are higher during this transit.
- Going to a satsang, doing bhajan kirtan or discussing some knowledge in a group, meditating in a group will negate the limited side effects of this transit.
- Doing exercises for your shoulders, especially where arms and shoulders are used will be beneficial for you.
- Add the pilgrimage of Ujjain Mahakal in your tour list as visiting that temple will be very auspicious. Chanting Shani mantra will enhance the positive impact of this transit.
At the end, we would like to reiterate that Saturn or Shanidev is the lord of justice which means that any good or bad we see is going to be the result of our own actions. However, following the above measures, according to your zodiac, can enhance the positive and reduce the negative impact of this transit.
Based on inputs from Ashutosh Chawla, Head, Jyotish and Vastu, Vaidic Dharma Sansthan.
We’d love to hear from you.
Leave a Reply